Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Clarisonic Mia 2

One of the most expensive skin care products that I purchased throughout my whole life, which I recently bought at Macy's for $159.00 about a month ago is the Clarisonic Mia 2. I've heard so many great reviews from blogs, videos from Youtube and from friends so I wanted to give it a try. Ever since I started college I started breaking out like I started puberty all over again. But instead of my forehead, where I would normally hide my breakouts with my bangs/hair, now I'm breaking out on my cheeks..which is out in the open. So, from the beginning of college which was about 3 years ago, I would get small zits here and there. It accumulated to 2-4 every few weeks to cystic acne, where it would scar. Cystic acne for those who don't know are more severe than regular zits because they can really hurt, be inflamed and have pus (yellow fluid). 
Solving my acne was a different problem. I do not have health insurance currently, just giving that out now. But when I did I should have listened to my mom and went to dermatologist when my younger siblings went for their acne. Guess it runs in the family. Anywho, I've tried many things to cure and treat my acne such as, medication, washes, scrubs, masks, toners, and so forth. Medication did not work out for me as well as I thought. For one, it was not my prescription for acne, it was my sister's. Two, it interfered with my birth control and decreased the effectiveness. Scrubs and washes that I purchased, which I learned were making my face more sensitive so I broke out more from the salicylic acid and the benzol peroxide. All which were great, but it only works for so long. Toners did some help, but majority of acne treatment depends and varies on your own skin. Everyone has different skin. Though some may have similar, everyone is different. 
It is all trial and error.
Fair warning, description of the Clarisonic Mia is very descriptive and long!
On to the description on the front
Two speeds, two-year warranty, one-minute pulsing timer, and comes with a protective travel case. It includes The product itself, my Pink Polka Dot Mia 2, which is special edition, Universal Voltage pLink Charger, a Sensitive Brush Head, Trial-size Cleanser, and a Travel Case. 
On the side of the box it says
"FEEL AND SEE GUARANTEE. We're so sure you'll love the Mia 2 that we offer a 90-day money-back guarantee, along with a two-year warranty. To learn more, visit clarisonic.com"
On the back of the box:
"It's times to think beyond the washcloth and elevate cleansing to a sonic level. Traditional methods of cleansing don't get your skin as clean as you'd think. Fortunately, the lead inventor of Sonicare discovered a break through in how we cleanse. Using sonic technology, the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System works with skin's natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind - leaving your skin softer, smoother and more beautiful.While skin is flexible  it's not meant to be pulled or stretched. Clarisonic's patented micro-massage motion works with skin, not against it, oscillating at more than 300 movements per second to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores. Gets rid of the bad to let in the good. In just one minute a day, the sonic action removes impurities from skin and pores so creams, serums and moisturizers are absorbed better. Cleanses 6X better than your hands alone. Without proper cleansing, makeup, dirt and oil can build up on skin, causing blackheads blemishes and dullness. With Clarisonic, you can removed the impurities that come between you and healthier looking, more radiant skin. Powerful, yet incredibly gentle. Unlike cleansing methods that use harsh chemicals or rely on friction alone, the Mia 2 is gentle enough to use twice a day - even on skin affected by complicated conditions like rosacea or acne. Cleaner skin is healthier skin and healthier skin is more radiant and more beautiful.
& then the flap from the front of the box:
Clarisonic is the skin cleansing system sold, recommended and used by skin care professionals  Thousands of dermatologists, aestheticians and spa professionals recommend Clarisonic sonic cleansing to their patients. Cleaning the skin more thoroughly removes impurities trapped in pores. Once those obstructions are removed, skin care products can absorb better - making skin much more receptive to moisturizers, lotions and serums. Works with skin's natural elasticity, not against it. Skin is made to bend and bounce back - up to a point. Collagen fibers in our skin help give it that resilience,. When cleansing, we should do what we can to keep those collagen fibers from becoming stretched or fatigues. The frequency and motion of Clarisonic's patented technology are specifically designed to work within the safe zone of skin's elasticity, where skin is able to spring back and recover easily - keeping it healthier and younger looking. Cleanses 6X better than your hands alone. Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Systems remove more impurities than traditional cleansing methods - so skin is softer, smoother, healthier looking and more radiant each day. 

The benefit is beautiful skin. Here are features that make it happen.
Two speeds - Both speeds are effective. It's just a matter of preference  An indicator light will let you know your speed setting.
Revive and recharge - The Mia 2 is rechargeable, so you never have to worry about batteries. When it's time to recharge, the indicator light will flash quickly.
The T-Timer will guide you - To cleanse, move the Mia 2 in gentle circles around your face - 20 seconds on the forehead, 20 on the nose and chin and 10 on each cheek. A pulsing indicator will let you know when it's time to move on.
Because not all skin is the same, neither are our brush heads. The Sensitive Brush Head included is an easy introduction to sonic cleansing. But Clarisonic also makes a variety of interchangeable brush heads for specific facial skin types and conditions.
It feels good to refresh your skin and your brush head - To ensure they work their best, we recommend that all brush heads be replaced every 3 months.
Cleansing on the go - Included is a protective travel case that makes it easy to toss the Mia 2 in your bag without worry.

Okay so here is what my skin looks like after the first week of usage of the Clarisonic Mia 2:
Here is the second week how my skin looks:
The thing is what people don't know about certain regimes is that when they start breaking out when their skin should be clearing up is that the layers of skin underneath need to be sloughed to come to the surface so you are left with beautiful clean skin underneath. It takes awhile and is a long process. Most regimes you will not see a difference in your skin for about 3 months or so.
Hope this helps and I will continue updating on how my skin looks!

-XO PattyCakes




No comments :

Post a Comment