Saturday, March 23, 2013

Benefit Play Sticks

I believe this is the third item in my entire life that I have purchased that is not drugstore. The first item was Mac Matte Eye Shadow in Typographic. The second high end product is Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, which did not work out for me and ended up making me break out more when I intended to buy it to cover up blemishes.. & the third item that I recently purchased is this Benefit's Play Sticks. The reasoning for purchasing this product was I wanted to a try a full-coverage foundation that is high-end but will not break me out. My intention of going to Macy's was just to purchase the Clarisonic Mia 2 but  the Benefit counter was right next to the Clarisonic so I got sucked in!
I purchased my Play Sticks from Macy's for $34.00 for 8.5 g Net wt. 0.3 oz
It comes in 4 shades, which were all had cute names for their shade. I never knew the name of my shade unless I looked online because I thought the top sticker label was just for looks. Anywho, I got the shade Spin the Bottle with help from a worker who matched me with a shade.
The back of the packing is cute but a little bit bulky. The actual product is inside of this, which you have to open and take apart to get to the product. The product itself is in a similar packaging but instead of paper it is made of aluminum with plastic inside of it. The product claims: "It's fun to be flawless with this ultra-light foundation stick! Containing green tea, chamomile and ginkgo biloba, Play Sticks help promote a healthy complexion while giving natural-looking coverage."
How to use: Apply to your face and blend evenly with fingertips or foundation brush.
This product is retractable but I feel that when I'm near the end of the product I will have to dig out the rest of the product with a Q-Tip or a tool instead of wasting it. It has a pretty floral scent to it, which I enjoy. The cap slides on and off like a lipstick. The product itself is a cream-to-powder foundation. You can use this for a foundation, a concealer, and powder! Wohoo! Although for being pricey I really love this product. It does not make me break out. It is not cakey whatsoever. It blends very easily, great coverage and evens out my skin. It hides blemishes fairly easily giving a silky finish yet natural but the downside is that it transfers easily even though I do apply powder over the application. On-the-go, it is great to stick inside your purse or bag and travel. I also heard a rumor that this product is being discontinued :(
I would be so sad if Benefit did discontinue this product. I have combination skin so my oils does seep through within about 6 hours, but it is also moisturizing. I also wish that they offered this product in more shades and skin tones for others.
I haven't heard a lot of people talk about this product, even on Youtube. If you have tried this, let me know your opinions and comments below!

-XO PattyCakes

No comments :

Post a Comment