Saturday, February 2, 2013

Revlon ColorStay Foundation

Today I will be reviewing the Revlon Colorstay Foundation.
I bought this at Walgreens for $11.99 but you can purchase this at CVS, Ulta, Walmart, pretty much all stores you can find cosmetics.
This line has 20 different shades from combination/oily skin or normal/dry skin.
The product itself offers that it wears up to 24-hours, gives a flawless look and lightweight feel. It also offers an SPF of 6. The packaging is in glass with a 1.0 Fl. Oz foundation, which is an average amount of foundations that any line has to offer. It does not have a pump, the cap screws off. 
The shade I got was in 110 Ivory for combination/oily skin, which I do have both. I have an oily t-zone  with sometimes dry patches around my mouth or nose. I, myself do have acne, but majority of them are acne scars now, and uneven skin tone as well. 
The coverage on this foundation is medium to full but also build-able  I do not wear my foundation 24-hours a day so I would not know if it does last that long, what I can tell you is that it does last me from 6am-9pm. Waking up and getting ready for class till the end of my other class. The consistency of this foundation can be a little watery so I do recommend shaking it up before applying. The foundation does smell a little odd eh whatever. The finish however is matte. 
Some people say that this foundation can get cakey because it is matte and you have to blend quickly, but I never have that problem. I dot areas of my face with foundation and blend it either with my beauty sponge or my fingers.
This foundation can act as a concealer and foundation. The more you build up the more you will cover.   The foundation to me does not feel cakey and I usually only put one layer on but going back with a small amount to conceal extra blemishes and scars peeping out. I do apply powder after the application to reduce any oil throughout the day. Although I do apply powder, I feel that my face does get oily, so I use blotting sheets as well. 
Overall this foundation has great coverage and I tend to use this foundation if I that my skin needs more coverage I will turn to this. The greater part of this foundation is that it does not break me out which I really enjoy! It is long lasting, good shade range, and has SPF.

-XO PattyCakes

2 comments :

  1. Great review - I have heard that Revlon foundations are good!

    I'm new to your blog - I really like your layout!

    If you want to check out mine is http://thestellarskin.blogspot.co.uk/

    Looking forward to your future posts :)

    Rachel

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete