Friday, February 1, 2013

CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

Hello!

I am reviewing the new CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in the shade 235 - Coral Twist. I bought this at Walgreen 2 weeks ago for retailing about $7. It claims that it is a sheer color and soft shine gloss balm. This is similar to the many other chubby sticks such as Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, Neutrogena's MoistureSmooth Color Sticks and more. It does twist up just like the other chubby sticks and the shade's names end with ___ Twist.
The packing is decent. The only bad side is that when you first purchase it, it comes in a plastic wrapping which has the name of the shade, which will most likely end up in the trash. So you would have to remember the shade name, search it up, or just remember the number of the shade on the bottom. With the twistable application, the tip does dull over time of usage. The good thing about this is that when you twist them up all the way, you can twist it down! I believe compared to the rest of the chubby sticks, the CoverGirl has the most with 3.8 grams (.13oz). The color pay-off is sheer but yet build-able I have semi-dry lips so I would have to exfoliate my lips or apply chapstick prior to application of the gloss balm or the color will end up in the cracks of my lips. They are moisturizing and the stain does remain on my lips but the color is less true to itself after several hours. By the way these do transfer but not as much since it is a sheer color.
To sum it up, it is an overall great gloss balm/stain. It is not sticky, it does not slide around, pretty moisturizing and does leave a stain after a few hours. I do believe these are fine for everyday use and a mini confidence booster especially with the brighter colors. I use this at least 2-3 times out of the week just because it gives me more color to my lips. Well I hope you liked my review and it gives you some information about the CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm.
Here are my lips bare/nude

Here are my lips with two layers on

-XO PattyCakes

3 comments :